Training and capacity building is a key area of work for both the Global Nutrition Cluster and Nutrition Clusters at national and sub-national levels within crisis-affected countries. A well-coordinated and comprehensive response to education needs in humanitarian crises relies on practitioners having relevant technical skills and training to respond effectively in the midst of challenging circumstances.
If you are planning to provide a training to cluster partners or other actors, these training and capacity building documents will provide you with rich resources and materials that can be adapted to your context and audience.
If you are interested in developing your own capacity, you will find several E-Learning opportunities on this page, as well as contact information for further guidance on trainings offered by the Global Nutrition Cluster partners. Alternatively, discuss with your national Cluster Coordinator if you are a cluster partner in a country served by a Nutrition Cluster.
The section includes the following pages:
- E-learning: E-learning page with available online learning opportunities (with or without a certificate of competition) for Nutrition in Emergencies programming.
- Harmonized Training Package: (HTP) for Nutrition in Emergencies and complementary presentations. Note: the HTP now includes additional module 23 on nutrition of older people in emergencies and module 22 on gender sensitive nutrition programming.
- Cluster Approach Awareness Trainings: page dedicated to training materials on cluster approach awareness and coordination.
- CMAM training packages
- IYCF-E Training Package
- Training Materials in Assessment
- NiE Training Packages in ARABIC – to complement the HTP : Harmonised Taining Package (HTP) for Nutrition in Emergencies and complementary presentations, as well as other technical trainings if Arabic