A Strategic Advisory Group (SAG) provides strategic support to the GNC-CT to guide direction of GNC affairs. The SAG is composed of representatives from two GNC partners, one Nutrition Cluster Coordinator, and UNICEF programmes.
The current SAG (since March 2015):
- Ms. Victoria Sauveplane representing ACF
- Ms. Caroline Wilkinson representing UNHCR;
- Ms. Diane Holland representing UNICEF (standing member);
- Ms. Nicki Connell representing Save the Children USA;
- Mr. Samson Desie, cluster coordinator of Somalia representing cluster coordinators.
In February GNC hold a voting to replace members that are finishing their service with the SAG, namely, replacing Nicki Connell from Save the Children USA. It was agreed to expand number of SAG members by one additional NGOs. According to the election results, two new GNC partners joining the GNC Starting Advisory Group are:
- Caroline Abla- International Medical Corps – 63.7% of votes
- Carmel Dolan – Emergency Nutrition Network - 57.6%
For the NCC representation on the GNC/SAG there was only one nomination from Sudan Cluster – Anteneh Dobamo to replace Samson Desie, therefore no voting was held.
The outgoing SAG members will serve in there current position in teh SAG until the GNC face to face meeting when the new SAG members will assume their roles.
GNC-CT welcomes on board the incoming SAG members – Caroline Abla, Carmel Dolan and Anteneh Dobamo and would like to congratulate IMC and ENN and a big thank you to Save the Children UK and World Vision for the interest they have shown in serving as SAG members, last but not lease, a big thank you to the GNC partners for casting their votes.