The term of below listed Strategic Advisory Group’s (SAG) members concludes in March 2016:
- Nicki Connell (SC-USA);
- Samson Desie (Cluster Coordinator, Somalia)
The members that re-confirmed their commitment to continue as the SAG members for one more term in 2016 are:
- Victoria Sauveplane – ACF-Canada
- Caroline Wilkinson – UNHCR
- Diane Holland (permanent member) – UNICEF HQ Nutrition Programme
- Josephine Ippe (permanent member) – GNC Coordinator
GNC-CT would like to express my sincere appreciation for the hard work of our outgoing and current members!
The GNC-CT would like to use the opportunity of its Working Face-to-Face (F2F) meeting on 30-31 March 2016 and finalise the nomination of the new SAG members representing the NGO partners and NCC/IMOs. For details of eligibility, please refer to the attached ToR of the GNC SAG:
Nomination, establishment and duration of the SAG
- Interested agencies are asked to submit an expression of interest and identify the individual who will fulfil this role on behalf of the agency. A brief outline of the added value of the organisation’s participation in the SAG (approximately one paragraph) and a short bio (no more than half of one page) of the nominated individual should be submitted to the GNC Coordinator.
- In the event that the individual is an independent, the short bio and brief outline of added value should be submitted to the GNC Coordinator.
- Country Cluster Coordinators or IMOs who are interested to take on this role may also put themselves forward and/or can be nominated by their peers. A short bio should be included along with the expression of interest.
SAG members are to serve for a minimum of 1 (one) year and a maximum 2 (two) years.
Selection of SAG members
There will be a parallel selection process:
- SAG members will be elected by the GNC partners (each agency will have 1 vote)
- Country Cluster Coordinators / IMOs will elect their representative from the selection of Country Cluster Coordinators/IMOs nominated (one vote per country cluster).
- Voting will take place through an on-line survey. In the event that there is only the required number of volunteers for each level of representation, a vote will not be needed.
Criteria for the membership of the GNC Strategic Advisory Group:
Nominated individuals should have significant relevant work experience at a strategic level, and have a solid understanding of the humanitarian aid sector. Nominated individuals will commit to represent the interests of the GNC and not their own agency’s interest.
- Nomination process starts today, Monday, 21 December 2015 until Friday, 29 January 2016;
- Results endorsement and establishment of the new SAG, handover from the current SAG to the newly elected SAG: GNC Working (F2F) meeting in Washington, DC, and special one-day SAG meeting on 01 April 2016.
Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact Josephine or Ayadil at your earliest convenience. You could also get in touch with our current SAG members to learn about their involvement, time spent on the SAG issues, etc.