Dear GNC members and Country Cluster Coordinators/Information Management Officers,
As you know, our current Strategic Advisory Group’s (SAG) term concludes at the end of February 2015. I would like to express my sincere appreciation to the SAG members for their hard work:
- Anne-Dominique Israel (ACF);
- Diane Holland (UNICEF);
- Britta Schumacher (WFP);
- Nicki Connell (SC-USA);
- Samson Desie (Cluster Coordinator, Sudan)
- Josephine Ippe (GNC Coordinator).
The GNC-CT would like to use the opportunity of its Face-to-Face (F2F) meeting on 17-18 March 2015 and finalise the nomination of the new SAG members.
Membership of the SAG:
- UNICEF Programme representative (permanent membership given UNICEF’s role as Cluster Lead Agency);
- Another UN agency representative (to be elected by Core Members);
- Two NGO/operating agencies representatives (to be elected by Core Members);
- Country Cluster Coordinator representing all CCCs/IMOs (to be elected by CCCs/IMOs);
- The GNC Coordinator
Nomination, establishment and duration of the SAG
The SAG membership will be reviewed and updated every February. Two previous SAG members should be retained in order to maintain institutional memory.
- Interested agencies are asked to submit an expression of interest and identify the individual who will fulfil this role on behalf of the agency. A brief outline of the added value of the organisation’s participation in the SAG (approximately one paragraph) and a short bio (no more than half of one page) of the nominated individual should be submitted to the GNC Coordinator.
- In the event that the individual is an independent, the short bio and brief outline of added value should be submitted to the GNC Coordinator.
- Country Cluster Coordinators who are interested to take on this role may also put themselves forward and/or can be nominated by their peers. A short bio should be included along with the expression of interest.
SAG members are to serve for a minimum of 1 year and maximum 2 years. In the current SAG we have ACF and WFP serving two years already.
Selection of SAG members
There will be a parallel selection process:
- SAG members will be elected by the GNC partners (each agency will have 1 vote for the UN agency representative and 2 votes for the NGO/operational organization representative).
- Country Cluster Coordinators will elect their representative from the selection of Country Cluster Coordinators nominated (one vote per CCC).
- Voting will take place through an on-line survey. In the event that there is only the required number of volunteers for each level of representation, a vote will not be needed.
Criteria for the membership of the GNC Strategic Advisory Group:
Nominated individuals should have significant relevant work experience at a strategic level, and have a solid understanding of the humanitarian aid sector. Nominated individuals will commit to represent the interests of the GNC and not their own agency’s interest.
- Nomination process starts today, Friday, 05 December 2014 until Friday, 18 January 2015;
- Results endorsement and establishment of the new SAG, handover from the current SAG to the newly elected SAG: F2F meeting, and special one-day SAG meeting on 19 March 2015.
Please kindly send your nominations alongside with the documents listed above by 18 January 2015 to Josephine Ippe: email@example.com and Ayadil Saparbekov: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com. .